Our website address is: https://www.chaucerbarn.com.
Chaucer Barn Limited (“Us”, “We”, “Our”) is the data controller of your Information for the purposes of all applicable data protection laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “Regulation”).
We respect your privacy and we are committed to protecting your personal data as more specifically defined in the Regulation (“Information”). We comply with the principles of the Regulation and aim to maintain consistently high levels of best practice in our processing of your personal data.
If we change our Policy and/or procedures, we will post those changes on our website to keep you aware of what personal data we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we delete it. We encourage you to review this Policy regularly.
2. What information do we collect?
2.1 When you use our Contact Form you may provide us with or we may collect your Information.
• Information you voluntarily provide to us
• We collect and maintain Information that you voluntarily submit to us during any enquiry and/or use of our Contact Form or email link. For example:
• when you request further information, you provide us with certain Information including your name, email address, and postcode (“Basic Information”), as well as other information in the “Your Message” field, such as dates and times for which you may wish to make a booking.
You can choose not to provide us with certain Information, but this may prevent you from gaining access to a service or limit the features that you can use on the Online Services. For more information, please see the “How We Use Your Information” section of the Policy below and the consumer controls and Opt out section.
2.2 We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
• information about your visits to and use of this website;
• information about any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services
2.3 How is your data collected?
We may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability, and for marketing purposes.
Your name, email address and town/city/country (if you have chosen to provide them) have been collected via an online form. They have also been collected where the use of an email address has been officially consented to.
2.4 Information we collect through your use of email.
Testimonials created by our clients which we may use (“Client Testimonials”)
When you submit a review or testimonial to the Company, this content may contain personal and non-personal information. This could include information in or about the User Content, such as the location of a photo or personal preferences, or anything else you decide to communicate using this channel.
3. How we use your information
We will use your Information in the ways described below and as described at the time that the Information is collected.
3.1 To Provide the estimate/quotation
3.2 We may process Contact Information so that we are able to properly respond to your enquiries via the Contact Form or through email@example.com.
3.3 Your enquiries
If you contact us about our services, the forms you complete or the emails you send may include information about you, such as your name as the contact point for you or an organisation, your email address, the organisation’s address and your enquiry. We use this information to respond to your enquiries.
• In line with the legitimate interest we have in promoting our business, we will process your enquiries to provide you with information about the services we offer.
• This will be limited to replying to your enquiry.
• We may also process enquiries to take steps you ask of us with a view to entering into an agreement to provide you with our services.
You are under no obligation to provide us with any details, but if you don’t provide all relevant information, we may not be able to help.
4. What rights do I have in respect of the information you have?
You have the following rights over the way we process personal data relating to you, as set out below. We aim to comply without undue delay, and within one month at the latest.
To make a request, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4.1 Ask for a copy of data we are processing about you and have inaccuracies corrected.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will use reasonable efforts to the extent required by law to supply, correct or delete personal information held about you on our files (and with any third parties to whom it has been disclosed to).
4.2 Object to us processing data about you
You can ask us to restrict, stop processing, or to delete your personal data if:
• you consented to our processing the personal data, and have withdrawn that consent;
• we no longer need to process that personal data for the reason it was collected;
• we are processing that personal data because it is in the public interest or it is in order to pursue a legitimate interest of Resident Advisor or a third party, you don’t agree with that processing, and there is no overriding legitimate interest for us to continue processing it;
• the personal data was unlawfully processed;
• you need the personal data to be deleted in order to comply with legal obligations;
• the personal data is processed in relation to the offer of a service to a child.
4.3 Obtain a machine readable copy of your personal data, which you can use with another service provider
If we are processing data in order to perform our obligations to you, or because you consented, if that processing is carried out by automated means, we will help you to move, copy or transfer your personal data to other IT systems.
If you request, we will supply you with the relevant personal data in CSV format. Where it is technically feasible, you can ask us to send this information directly to another IT system provider if you prefer
4.4 Make a complaint to a Supervisory Authority
If you are unhappy with the way we are processing your personal data, please let us know by contacting us at email email@example.com.
If you do not agree with the way we have processed your data or responded to your concerns, an alternative is to submit a complaint to a Data Protection Supervisory Authority.
5. How we disclose your information to third parties
We may share your Information with third parties as specifically approved by you or under the circumstances described below.
5.1 Group members, personnel, suppliers or subcontractors
5.3 Required by law
In addition, we may disclose your information to the extent that we are required to do so by law (which may include to government bodies and law enforcement agencies); in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention).
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in order to enforce or apply the terms of agreements, to investigate potential breaches, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Chaucer Barn, our customers, or others.
6. Where we store your information
The Information that we collect from you is held on computers belonging to and solely accessible to Chaucer Barn personnel. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy and the Regulation.
7. Security of your information
We follow appropriate security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your Information so as to prevent unauthorised access by third parties. We also require those parties to whom we transfer personal information to comply with the same. However, unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. So, we cannot ensure the security of your Information transmitted by you to us via the internet. Any such transmission is at your own risk and you acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible for any unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of your Information, except to the extent we are required to accept such responsibility by the Regulation. Once we have received your Information we will use security procedures and features to prevent unauthorised access to it. We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss misuse or alteration of your Information. Please be aware that, although we endeavour to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
8. Client Controls
If you do not wish to be receive notifications from us you can change your preferences. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
10. How to contact us
If you have any questions regarding your privacy or this Policy, you may contact us as follows:
Data Protection Officer